A person can apply for a credit card online, through paper application or by phone.
Steps for filing application for a credit card are:
- Find out information about credit card plans, rates and terms on the Internet, in personal finance magazines and in newspapers.
- Fill out the paper application for a credit card of personal choice, if not applying online. Ensure that the application is endorsed by the credit card company and is an original document.
- Apply on phone, by calling up the toll free (800) number of the credit card company. The number can be found online, through yellow pages, newspapers or magazines.
- To apply online, search for the different credit card options offered by different banks, financial institutions and stores.
- Compare the different features as regards the fixed or fluctuating interest rates, APR, credit limits, interest-free days, penalties, grace periods, schemes for cash advances and balance transfers, attractive offers and other implied costs.
- Choose one to suit the personal requirements and search for applying options online.
- Check for the preconditions of applying, such as a driving license number, social security number, date of birth and address proof.
- Fill in the details, double check the information included, read the privacy statement and click on “Apply.”
- A person can apply for multiple credit cards. However, the issuer will first ensure whether the applicant has a reliable financial background.